søndag 2. januar 2011

The Woman in White

Originally posted by: Khazar-Khum

I posted this one in the earlier thread, but it still creeps me out. To her dying day my mother was scared of what we saw.

We decided to go visit my sister, who lived in Texas at the time. Since we lived in Norco, CA, it was going to be a long drive. My Dad is one of those people who believes in getting up at 5 to go anywhere, and driving as fast as you can until you either reach your destination or are forced to stop.

So we loaded up the car and dutifully left at 5 AM. To reach the freeway the easiest route was something of a backway into Riverside, then down La Sierra to I 15. The road skirted the tallest hills. On the right was the cemetery, while on the left the land turned into rolling hills that dropped down to the Santa Ana river. At the time there were no houses of any kind for several miles.

As we drove up the road, we saw a flash of white to the left. There were no streetlights, so it couldn't have been something like an owl. Suddenly a woman in a long white gown ran out onto the road. She had long, dark hair, no shoes, no purse, nothing but her and the gown. She ran into our lane and lay down, facing us.

We guessed she was in her 40s, maybe 50s. Her eyes were wide open, staring right at us.

My mom had no idea what to do. There were no phones anywhere and this was before cellphones. We could see another car coming from the other direction. I thought we should wait until the other car got there, and then leave.

The other car was a pickup. They stopped, and started honking. Right then my mom remembered the shoulder of the road. We drove up the dirt, hitting some oleanders as we left. As we drove off I could see her still lying there, not moving, while the pickup honked.

And where, exactly, did this happen?

Right next to the cemetery.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar