lørdag 1. januar 2011

Pentology

Posted by: The Blue L-Block

Story one - Mother
This happened twice in early and late May 2004. I was home from school one day, absolutely demolished by my allergies. I did what any other kid home from school would do - drink soup and play video games. I chose XIII, and continued to play. After a while, my soup, sitting on the sofa arm, forgotten, is very cold, so I pause the game and heat it up. After the microwave beeps, I get up from my spot at the kitchen table, and in the entryway, I hear the distinct click of shoes on tile and hear "Mama? Mama, where are you?"
Second time it happened on the 30th, I believed. I was watching The Matrix, and decided to pause it to get some water. Again, I hear that voice asking for "Mama?" again.

Story two - Pain and Suffering
This one takes place in an abandoned building.

These were the offices of the Hercules Powder Company. We used to be a dynamite town. Of course, with this line of work comethe horrible industrial accidents. Not many survived. The closest place to put the mangled bodies?
The HPC Offices, of course .
The basement was often turned into a makeshift hospital as they expired quickly, and every attempt was made to save them.
The windows on the basement are boarded, creating a lightless area. The floodlight and generator, temporarily set up in the front hall lit only the front hallway, the light leaving harsh angles through the doorways. I ventured into the basement, sans flashlight as the equipment (I was there for SWAT training) had not arrived. I'm the only one down there. Gently I work my through it, waiting to crash over a zombie or trip into a desk. The concrete reverberates under my feet. I stop in one room, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the darkness.
That was when I felt footsteps, right on the other side, advancing. If you've ever seen the part of Session 9 where Mullethead is running through the dark steam tunnels, that's exactly how I felt. Was my puny little level I vest going to help? I ran through the darkness, hitting a deskchair, panting. I ran up the dark stairs, nearly pulling out the newell post. I tripped up the stairs, covered in dust.

Story three -
I can't remember when this was, probably some time in Winter 2003. I was listening to music through some headphones, very relaxed. I'm wearing a t-shirt and pajama pants, typical sleepwear. I have my hands under my head, and no blankets.
A sudden touch shocks me back - cats? no. No one else is in here. It continues up the side of my chest, and at this moment, I spring across the damned room. So yes, I was inappropriately touched by something.

Story four - Jesus Christ I Think I'm in a John Bellairs Book
We have a beautiful antique clock sitting on an antique cabinet downstairs. Parents bought it at an estate sale, and I was smitten. It was still working, chiming on the quarter hour and on the hour. It stopped one day, and no one bothered to wind it. Recently, it was merrily ticking away again, and I thought, Huh, dad must have wound it. When he came home, I asked him, and he said no, he hadn't wound it since we brought it home. It ran for an hour, and then stopped. A few days later, it started up again, running for another hour, and stopping again.

Story five - Phantom Movers
Stuff never really stops sliding around in the house. A pedastal with a plant on it slid to the stairwell (good two or three feet, and this thing's not light) one morning. The organ stool (from 1880) skidded across the floor one day as I watched. The organ itself (from 1880 and incredibly fucking heavy) pulled at least six inches away from the wall one day.

Story six - Specters teach Stenography
February 4th, 2005 - I'd just gotten my ass kicked for the millionth time in RE4. Frustrated, I clomp upstairs to email a friend. Midway through the typing, the phone rings. I leave the computer with the sentence complaining about the lack of sound on the tv. I come back, and I see "Sound doesn't work.as Long Ranked" on it.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar